- The Hydrant System comprises of AC motor driven pump sets with all required accessories including valves, instrumentation and controls etc. Complete in all respects. An automatic hydrant system is furnished covering the areas completely from independent.
- Pipe work from the fire water pump set.
- The hydrant pipe work is remaining pressurized through the proposed jockey pump taking care of any leakages in the system pipe lines, valves and fittings.
- The hydrant system is kept charged by pressurized water at approx. 7 Kg. Cm. Sq. at all times. In the event of fire when any of the hydrant valves in the net work is opened,the resultant fall in pressure system is enabling starting the AC MOTOR driven fire water pumping set through pressure switches automatically. One diesel engine pump shall be standby pump serving hydrant system. Apart from the automatic starting of the pump sets,provision shall be kept for manual starting also. Shutting down of the pump sets shall be manual.
Wet risers inside the building is furnished with required accessories such as hose pipes with instantaneous gun metal couplings and G.M branch pipes located in hose cabinets. The hose cabinets is wall / column mounting type, constructed out of 18 gauge mild steel sheets.
- The internal hydrants ( Landing valves) is Single Headed type taken out from 150/100 mm dia riser through suitable reducer. The outlets is gun metal and confirm to IS : 5290. HT Hose reels is firmly held against the wall by suitable heavy brackets and supports. The hose reel is swinging type ( 180 deg.) and the entire Dum reel etc. is as per IS : 3876. The rubber tubing is best quality ( Dunlop ) and the nozzle is 6 mm dia. Shut off type. The equipment shall be out of one of the approved makes
- The hydrant main is laid in the form of ring main. The hydrant risers is terminated with air release valves at the highest points to release the trapped air in the pipe work.